Friday 14 February 2014

Styling Trends: Printed Pants

Hey everyone!
Today's focus will be on a trend that has made a comeback  printed pants!

Many fashion brands like Cotton On, Topshop, and Zara have been seen selling printed pants or joggers in their stores. Famous celebrities like Jessica Alba and Rihanna are also always seen sporting printed pants. (which means it's a go for us to start rocking those comfy yet stylish fashion items!!)

Photos taken from Cotton On

One of ClothesxEnvy's contributors took her own take on styling the printed pants look.






Trudy

Top: Topshop
Pants: Padini
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
Necklace: G2000
Watch: vintage (mom's watch when she was a teen!)

"If you know me, you'll know that I am never daring in my clothes and always stick to a few colours.
When I first bought this pair of pants, I thought that it was a huge mistake and that I would never wear it out.
But I decided to give it a chance and paired it with a plain top and chunky boots, and now I can safely say it's one of the best pants that I own!
It's super comfy and it fits me nicely, and I always get compliments from people who say they like how the print is so minimalistic yet they make a statement."

It's so easy to make either a good or bad impression with printed pants. There are thousands of different prints, colours, cuttings, so how do you know if the printed pants you're contemplating on getting will suit you? Here are some tips:

1. Do not get a size too big
Getting a pair of printed pants two sizes bigger than your usual size is not good as it will accentuate your thighs and calves (if your pants are supposed to be fitting) in an unflattering way.

2. Try on your usual size and one size bigger
Printed pants can look good if they are fitting or slightly lose, but not lose to the point that it's dropping down your hips. Your hips will most probably not be proportionate to the length of your legs, so see what works well for you. If you don't like the length of your pants, you can always get them altered to the desired length. (psst: I got my printed pants one size bigger and it worked fine for me!)

3. Pair your pants with simple pieces
Too many prints is a lot to take in, so keep your accessories and your top as simple as possible. Unless you dare to look bold, don't go print on print.


Chicous also wrote a post on how to style printed pants so do check it out! Do share with us on Facebook Comment on how you style your printed pants! Open to girls AND guys (;

That's all we have for now, folks! We hope you do consider one of your fancy pants when you're thinking of what to put on in the morning - you're welcome! (: 
We'll see you in the next one! :D

No comments: