Friday 29 November 2013

Rain Vibes:Outfit Inspirations for The Rainy Season

“The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend. Without at least some rain in any given day, or at least a cloud or two on the horizon, I feel overwhelmed by the information of sunlight and yearn for the vital, muffling gift of falling water.” 
― Douglas Coupland, Life After God


Rainy days. There is always a soft, snuggly feeling that is associated with rainy days but other than that, it's usually inconvenient getting around places. It's almost December and while we can't help but wish for snow, the only element that we've been experiencing is rain. We decided to share a little of how we've been dressing up these days. It's gray and rainy but however we are in such a good mood knowing that Christmas is less than a month away :) (Weather was surprisingly sunny when we did our shoot but it started pouring down hard when we filmed our video later on that day.)




Jenell

"For my outfit, I wanted to keep it soft. Subtle but with details. 
I went with an azure dress with sleeves that kept my arms covered. 
My favorite thing about this dress is that it's made entirely out of 100% cotton, which makes the humidity in Singapore bearable when wearing this dress even when it's not cold & rainy out. 
Matching eyelet details, scalloped with embroidery; details on the dress without being too overbearing.
Slipped onto some comfy jelly sandals that were perfect for the wet weather. 
Lastly, I threw on a scarf with skull prints over my dress to provide a little edge."

Scarf: H&M 
Jelly Sandals: Rubi 
Watch: Casio
Bracelet: Thomas Sabo


Hafieqa

"I dug out this floral romper of mine that was banished deep my wardrobe from months ago.
I've decided to wear it together with my signature black attire; cardigan, stockings and shoes.
The floral romper provided a pop of color in great contrast with my usual black.
On windy days, another purpose of the beanie is to prevent my hair from, you know, disaster."

Romper: Online
Cardigan: Viola
Stockings & Shoes: Bugis
Beanie: Tampines


Trudy

"Alright, I admit I wear this cardigan a little too often.
But it's so comfy and makes the rainy weather a little more bearable.
I decided to pair this outfit with my cherry red Dr Martens (that I have owned for 4 years!) as they have never failed to keep my feet dry from flooded pavements."

Knitted cardigan: Forever 21
Inner tee: Uniqlo
Jeans: Uniqlo
Necklace: Forever 21
Watch: mom's
Shoes: Dr Martens


Natasha

"It didn't take that much effort trying to piece together my entire outfit. 
They were all basic pieces I’m sure you’d be able to find in your wardrobe. 
I’d usually wear the shirt dress on its own but since I can't stand cold mornings and it’s been raining rather frequently of late, I decided to pair it with black leggings this time. 
It’s amazing how throwing a few statement pieces can bring your outfit to a new level. 
Like my chunky Dr marts and sheer scarf." 

Shirt Dress: Thrifted
Leggings: Cotton On
Boots: Dr Martens
Scarf: Online
Watch: Adidas


Vernice

"Camo is not one of the top picks this season, but I felt that neutral tones of my camo outerwear would be complimented by the grey-ish shades of the rainy season. Paired with a burgundy/maroon muscle tank which is the all-time favourite colour for the current season and also to add in some reds to the outfit. 
When it gets too warm... 
I would shrug off my outerwear so I can still keep cool for the Singaporean weather! 
Platform or boots are my best-loved shoes as they are still good for the rain as the raised platforms 
keeps my feet dry from the puddles."  

Outer: Thrifted
Jeggings: Uniqlo
Inner Tee: Cotton On
Shoes: Online




As promised, here our shots of our outfits and we do wish you enjoy them as much we did shooting them for this post. Hope you are able to draw inspirations from our different outfits!

What's your ensemble to throw on when its rainy? Do let us know, we'd love to hear from you :) 



Let us know! 

Who's outfit do you like most?
 
 
 
 
 
  
pollcode.com free polls 

2 comments:

Yuqing Teo said...

What attractive women! Cant wait for more updates from you guys!

Clothes X Envy said...

What an honour, Yuqing! Don't forget to share on Facebook and Twitter if you like what you see! <3